viernes, 23 de octubre de 2009

Bypass RAM check on Adobe Illustrator CS Installation

Requirements are usually there for a reason. However, sometimes those requirements can be a pain in the ass when they're not optional. I tried to install Adobe Illustrator CS3 on my desktop computer, but there was a message at the System Check part of installation saying that setup cannot continue because there is not enough RAM - it told me I need at least 512 MB of RAM to continue, and there is only a cancel button no other. The funny thing here is that I actually have 512 MB of RAM, but some part of it it's shared to the video card.

I tried googling a solution for this, and all I found was "just buy more RAM". So I had to find a way to get throught this issue by myself, and I found it:

Fist of all, you will have to copy the entire installatio disk to your hard drive, so you can make the files writable.

Then, you have to edit the file called "AdobeIllustrator13en_US.proxy.xml", wich is usually located on \payloads\AdobeIllustrator13en_US.

Open that file with notepad or the plain text editor of your choice. Go to the very bottom of the file, you will see:

[
       
    {"OS":{"Windows":{"XP":{"Exclude":true,"Require":{"MinServicePack":"2","@servicePack64Bit":1
,"Need64Bit":"0"}},"Server2003":{"Exclude":true},"Vista":{"Require":true}}},
                        "Memory":{"System":{"Default":{"Require":"400","Exclude":"410"}}},
                        "Display":{"Default":{"Require":{"Width":"1024","Height":"768"},"Exclude":{"Width":"800","Height":"600"}}}
    }
]

Edit the bolded line according to your requirements. Save the file. And presto!, you can now install Adobe Illustrator CS3 without having 512 Mb of RAM.

2 comentarios:

Seguidores